The Art of Precision Bearings Webinar
A Bearings Course for Beginners and Experts Alike
Over the past 50 years, Emerson Bearings has become one of the leading sources in the industry for all things related to roller and ball bearings. We are proud to pass our knowledge on to you in a large variety of resources, including case studies, eBooks, and now our first webinar. Whether you are new to the industry or an accomplished engineer, we think you will find this one-hour webinar very useful.
Bearings from A to Z
Hosted by Emerson Bearings President Steve Katz and originally aired on February 16, 2016, our inaugural webinar ranges from basic bearing information to specific details for orders and applications for specific projects. Whether you are curious about the origin of bearings or need to know more about which materials are the best fit for your custom project specifications, the webinar has you covered. The webinar discusses:
• The Basics — Learn the history and development of bearings, including some surprising facts (for example, the numbering classification system for bearings was developed over 100 years ago and is still in use today). Other essential information includes materials, components, types, loads, and speed by different style.
• Internal Clearance — Learn how internal clearance, one of the most important aspects of bearing systems, influences the proper handling and lifetime of bearings. Proper internal clearance ensures full service life and prevents premature failure.
• ABEC Class — The Annual Bearing Engineers’ Committee (ABEC) scale is used to classify the varying tolerances of different types of bearings. Higher grades mean tighter precision, but not every applications benefits from the highest ABEC grades. Learn more about using ABEC ratings to find the optimal bearing products for your specification.
• Cleanliness — Want to know one of the most common, tell-tale signs that bearings have not been handled properly? Fingerprints. Always wear gloves when handling bearings to keep contaminants away — even the oils and moisture found on human skin. Learn about other important cleanliness techniques in the webinar.
• Handling and Mounting — Find a comprehensive list of dos and don’ts for the proper handling and mounting of bearings; following these guidelines will keep bearings in excellent shape and limit early failure.
• Greasing and Lubrication — Lubrication is an essential element of keeping bearings working at their best. Learn how to utilize the optimal levels of grease and lubricants to maximize efficiency and performance while avoiding the dangers of using excessive or insufficient lubrication.
You’ll be able to learn all of the above and much more by taking a look at our webinar by filling out the short form below. Invest an hour in watching it today — you’ll learn the best Emerson Bearing tips to keep your applications operating in the most efficient and cost-effective ways possible.