Electric Motor Repair
North America is a leader in the electric motor market, which explains the recent growth of the industrial machinery sector in the area. The electric motor market continues to expand with rising demands for enhanced machine control in the automotive industry, such as high-efficiency AC synchronous motors. Additionally, the push towards zero-emission cars and tougher emission standards plays a significant role in increasing demand for electric vehicles.
These trends are bringing about the need for high-quality, reliable bearing solutions. Bearings are crucial in the productivity of electric motors, with essential functions such as minimizing power loss and friction, reducing noise, attaining optimal design speed range, and ensuring a long service life. At Emerson Bearing, we can deliver the right bearing solution to meet the needs of the electric motor industry.
What Are the Common Bearings Used in the Electric Motors Industry?
The most popular bearings used throughout the eclectic motor industry include:
- Deep groove ball bearings. These bearings are ideal for applications that require high rotational speeds and moderate axial and radial loads. Deep groove ball bearings are also used on small and medium-sized electric motors for non-locating and locating bearing positions.
- Cylindrical roller bearings. These bearings are typically utilized as non-locating bearings on the drive side in both large and medium-sized electric motors.
- Angular contact ball bearings. Angular contact ball bearings are primarily used as locating bearings in electric motors with high rotating speeds and vertical axis or high thrust loads.
What Are Some Common Applications for These Bearing Types?
Some of the areas where electric motor bearings are utilized include:
- Industrial machinery
- Motor vehicles
- Cooling equipment (HVAC)
- Household appliances
- Other commercial applications
The major functions of electric motor bearings in the above applications include:
- Locating and supporting the rotor
- Transferring loads from the shaft to the motor frame
- Saving power
- Maintaining a small and persistent air gap
- Minimizing friction
- Allowing for low and high speed operations
Why You Should Choose Emerson for Electric Motor Bearing Needs
At Emerson Bearing, we prioritize providing the right bearing solutions for our customers’ needs and applications. With over 50 years of experience, we can deliver high-quality roller and ball bearings to domestic and international customers in MRO, OEM, and global niche markets.
Our bearings come with seals or shields with diverse internal clearances, including C0, C2, C3, and C4. To meet your specific requirements, our bearings come with several mounting designs and cage options as well as options that include ceramic balls. We also offer special solutions featuring current insulated designs with thin ceramic coatings on the inner or outer rings. This eliminates failure, damage, and other problems associated with electrical currents flowing through the raceways and balls.
Electric Motor Bearings From Emerson Bearing
With the increasing demand for electric motors across a range of industries, companies need bearings they can rely on for optimal motor performance. When you require high-quality bearings for your electric motor application, turn to the experts at Emerson Bearing. We can work with you to find a cost-effective solution that fits your specifications. For more information about our products, or to get started on your electric motor bearing solution, contact us today.
Special Solutions: Many motor bearings are now available in a “current insulated style” which has a thin ceramic coating on the outer or inner ring. This helps to eliminate the issues of electrical currents running thru the balls and raceways creating damage and failure. Bearings with Ceramic balls are also available.
Contact our Marketing Specialist:
Mike Quinn – E-mail
For More Information: